Πέμπτη 9 Ιανουαρίου 2014

16x2 LCD Shield


This time I try my first LCD screen

SainSmart LCD 1602 Keypad Shield ($6.93)

http://www.sainsmart.com/arduino/arduino-shields/lcd-shields/sainsmart-1602-lcd-keypad-shield-for-arduino-duemilanove-uno-mega2560-mega1280.html 

A 16x2 LCD panel with couple keys on board. on the manufactures site there is couple sample sketches but because the LCD is actual a standard 1602 LCD thus is capable to use any existing sketch compatible to the Hitachi HD44780 driver. The only change is to pin assignments so change in library declaration

LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 5, 4, 3, 2) with this one:
LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7)

also I found the minimum cable to work the shield is D4 to D9, A0, +5V, GND and if you want access to reset button one more. I found usefulness this button maybe with one additional resistor this can be use in separate pin. The other five button they use single pin (A0) and with voltage divider it reads the button that pressed. 

To minimize the flickering (in my case) I add delay(10) to the Key_Grab demo sketch.

The library DFR_Key.h control the five buttons.



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου